Tuesday, January 20, 2009

UNCLE JOHN PASSED AWAY

Uncle John Passed away yesterday afternoon at 3pm. He was 94.

This is photo, from our wedding, of my Aunt Dorothy (Uncle John's sister (far right)), my Uncle John at 77 years old, and his wife Aunt Jo (far left).

Uncle John has always had a special place in my heart ever since I was little. He had this voice that was like nothing you ever heard. He was a missionary all over the world for his whole career spanning 50 plus years. He had his own radio show that was broadcast in multiple countries for many many years. He would preach at our church whenever he and Aunt Jo would visit. He never needed a microphone to be heard all they way out side. His voice was very very deep and volumous, just like Hudson's. Hudson will sound just like Uncle John eventually. Everytime he called you instantly knew who it was from "Hello". He called my sister and I Nickel & Dime.


Up until about 10 years ago he used to play basketball after church with the teenage boys. His energy and stamina were just amazing. He had the great sense of humor. That doesn't even describe it though. He was definately someone that you NEVER forget!


Aunt Jo passed away 9 1/2 years ago now and his sister, Dorothy, just passed right before Thanksgiving. Uncle John was the last of his generation.


I am overwhelmed with sorrow by his passing.
I am skipping my PTA meeting tonight because I am to upset to try to pretend to be happy.
He will have people attending his funeral from across the world and will greatly missed!

No comments: