Sunday, January 11, 2009

The flooding is unbelievable!

A view from the bridge going into Duvall looking toward Monroe.
On Friday night after picking Chloe up from school we waited in the flood ing traffic for an hour to get home. While we were going across the valley in to Duvall I saw where the water was and said to the kids we are packing our bags and heading out tonight. Hopefully my mother-in-law will let us stay with her. I knew that the valley would flood that night and if we waited we would be waiting a long time for the waters to recede.
I called Leanne and she graciously said that we could come over and stay for however long we needed to. That includes Hickory our Guinea Pig. So we packed up and off we went. We have been at her house since Friday night. Mike got stranded at home. He didn't think that the valley would flood that quickly but he was wrong this time. So he is at home by himself and getting a bit lonely now. We have been having a good time while we are flooded out. It is kind of like being on vacation.
Last night, Saturday, Chloe got really sick from something that she ate. She was throwing up all night and finally stopped around midnight. She is still not really very good today and is taking it wasy today. My poor baby! There is just not much that you can do to help them with that illness.
The valley is still flooded in but you can get through via Preston & on the other side in Monroe. That is a long way around to school in themornings if we go home. I think we will stay put until at least until either 124th opens or Woodinville Duvall Road. Photo below.
Woodinville Duvall Road in the Valley in Duvall. I have lived in the Valley for 30 years, and no I'm not telling how old that makes me, but sufice it to say it is quite a while ANYWAY....I have never seen this much damage by a flood. I have seen the valley cut off and become and island before a few times but not to this extent.
I went to highschool with a boy who's family owns this farm right outside Duvall. This picture is looking down from the ridge at their farm. I can't imagine the devistation for the families businesses from all of this flooding. How do you begin to start to clean up feet of mud and icky stuff that is stuck to everything. The funds that it takes to do that must be daunting and then there are the funds that you can't earn due to the flooding.

No comments: