Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's Resolution....

Well, I don't really do the whole resolution thing. But after the year that our family has had there are some changes that we have made that I hope to keep going no matter what new things happen. We as a family have cut way, WAY back on the amount of "STUFF" that we buy that isn't an essential need for living. I think that this is a good thing and helps the kids to really see what the world is like and how to appreciate what they have. It seems that our countries way of living is if it makes you feel good then you NEED it. Well, we all know that isn't necessarily true. More is sometimes just more. While it is fun to get something new every once in a while, it isn't a requirement. This is hard for me as much or more than it is for the kids but we are doing good and I hope to keep up this way of thinking. And remembering to be thankful for the little things, like a warm bed and a clean water to drink. And really try not to have good intentions but really do them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess it is true to be thankfull for what people have but by now everyone should already know that!