Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Over WHAT??? Not protective but...

I don't know what you would even call it....????

Why do I always feel the need to make sure that my kids clothes are laid out the night before school?

In case I am not taking them, I like them to match and I don't trust my husband to do that? Yes but why is such a big deal to me? In the grand scheme of things does it matter if they don't match one day?

Why do I like their backpacks to be packed and ready the night before?

I hate the late departure from the house because Chloe is frantically looking for one more item that she thinks she needs and might squeak into her bag! Do your kids take 4-5 books to school with them everyday? I don't like to be the mom that says "Hurry up we are going to be late!"

Why do I stress about the items that don't get done each day that I want done more than anything? Why can't I let them go and just try tomorrow?

I do try to do that but I am not that good at it. I just keep going over everything that is on my list that still needs completed. It always seems to be the stuff that I enjoy that never get done. Even if they are work, like pruning my acre of tress, shrubs plants etc, weeding my beds, getting my seeds for the veggie garden started early enough in the green house, scrap booking, blogging, cleaning out the kids' closets...UGH! Tomorrow never seems to come!!!

Why do I not want to say the things that my parents said to me, and now being a parent I understand them, but I still say them anyways?

There were some phrases that my parents would says to my sister and I that I just hated! And here I am hearing myself say them sometimes and then thinking how much I hated to hear that when I was growing up. Why do all kids have the same fundamental ability to get our goat?

No comments: