Monday, April 5, 2010

Creamy Leek - Potato soup

I am trying to find new items to put in our dinner rotation. We seem to be stagnent and keep having the same few dishes. So I have gotten out my recipe book and picking through them for the healthy, tasty and easy to prepare recipes.

I've love looking through my recipes that people have given me over the years. There are some really good dishes for dinner in amongst all the pages & pages of my recipe book.


Tonight I made a new dish from one of my favorite cooking magazines, Cook's Illustrated. I made Creamy Leek - Potato soup. Very low cal, one pot used, few ingredients and you don't have to stand there tending to it, all things which I really like in a recipe.


My kids even liked it! Yeah I have another new dish for the rotation. It doesn't hurt that I get the leftovers for lunch the next day.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

you need a copy of my mom's cookbook!

:)

Katie Green said...

Them simply prepared for recipes - give me a break...