Thursday, September 3, 2009

FEELING TERRIBLE!

The kids and I cleaned Hickorys' cage the other day and bought new bedding for her. Since then she hasn't been eating (VERY unusual for her!!) and has been having labored breathing. I've been worried about her for a few days and keeping an eye on her to see if she is getting worse.

So tonight I thought maybe she can smell the cleaner we used to scrub her cage with and doesn't like it. So I emptied a brand newly filled cage and scrubbed it out again with just hot water.

When I got the new bedding out to refill her cage I noticed that it smelled, like what I thought was the cleaner, but it was the pellets!!!! When we were at the pet store we bought a different kind of pellets than we have bought before but I figured it looks the same how different could they be?

Well, let me tell you...they are different.

Moral for all you pet owners, buy only the stuff that you have used in the past and know is okay for your pet.


My poor Hickory. New bedding coming, the old stand by this time! Nothing makes me feel worse than a pet suffering since they can't say "Hey lady this stuff stinks, get me the old kind!"

No comments: