Monday, December 22, 2008

The holiday season...

We at the Stedman house have been busy preparing for the holidays for weeks now. The kids and I have baked 10+ dozen cookies to give to friends and family but now with the snow they are sitting in the freezer waiting for their debut. Of course we have also snacked on a few of them...that is one of the reasons that this snow is bugging me. I want to get them all out of the house! They are way to tempting and of course I bake my favorites. This year we tried a new recipe from Mike's Grammie which turned out pretty good, a bit sweet for me but Mike likes them. I have all of her recipes from 80 years of running a house. We went through and found some more that we want to try out. I like having recipes from an elder in the family. It is fun to make recipes of old and Mike's favorites from his childhood.
What is your family doing to enjoy the holidays?
Do you have a favorite recipe that you would share with everyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I know is that most cookies that we've backed would be gone by now if you would let me at them!!!HaHaHa!